The Bay Rockets Association will be awarding a non-renewable scholarship to a graduating senior of Bay High School. This scholarship is to be used to help fund higher education at an accredited university, college or technical school.
This school year, 2017-2018, one (1) scholarship of $600 is available.
- Must be a graduating Bay High School senior.
- Student cannot have been suspended during his/her senior year due to breach of the Athletic Code of Conduct or other disciplinary situation administered by Bay High School.
- Student must apply to and expect to attend a post-secondary educational institution (defined as trade school, technical school, community or junior college, four-year college or university or other institution of higher education).
- Student does not have to have participated in any sports during his/her Senior year.
- Preference will be given to students that have actively participated on the Bay Rockets Association Student Board.
- Students who receive a full college scholarship (for any reason) are not eligible to receive this scholarship.
- Students may receive only one (1) Bay Rockets Association scholarship.
- Eligibility requirements may be waived or adjusted to accommodate special circumstances or special needs as determined by Selection Committee
- A short essay or statement regarding applicant’s contribution to community and school spirit must be received by June 7th, 3:00 PM to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bay Rockets Association Scholarship Selection Committee will consist of three (3) members of the Bay Rockets Association board members in addition to one (1) Bay Rockets Association Executive officer who will sit on the committee without a vote. The Bay Rockets Association Scholarship Selection Committee will be selected by and presided over by the Bay Rockets Association President unless he/she has an eligible senior student. If this is the case, another Bay Rockets Association executive officer will sit in his/her place.
An alternate member after initial selection of the Selection Committee may be appointed by the Bay Rockets Association President should a member be unable to fulfill his/her commitment. No voting member of the Selection Committee shall be related to a senior Bay High student.
A letter will be presented to the scholarship recipient at the end of the school year. Disbursements of funds will be paid directly to the post-secondary institution without exception.
The deadline for awards collection is October 1 of the year of graduation from Bay High School. After this date, any uncollected awards funds will be returned to the Bay Rockets Association general scholarship fund.
The Selection Committee will decide on recipient by a majority vote (2/3).
The Selection Committee is authorized to award one (1) scholarship in 2018 in the amount of $600.
2018-2019 Bay Rocket Student Athletic Booster Application Term: June 12, 2018-June 14, 2019
The Bay Rockets Association is seeking students interested in becoming members of the Bay Rocket Student Athletic Booster committee. Selected students will have the opportunity to actively participate in the development, spirit and Booster decisions that contribute to the Bay Athletic programs. All students who have a love for athletics are encouraged to apply for participation with the Student Athletic Booster committee.
Requirements for consideration:
- BHS student who actively supports the spirit and all athletics at BHS
- Maintain a 1.5+ GPA
- Student in Grade 8-11 for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Submit a 250 minimum word essay describing why you want to support BHS athletics,
- Interview with a panel from the booster board members
- Attend 4 athletic booster meetings, held in September, December, March, and June
- 16 hours of volunteer service with the Bay Rockets Association, and
- Support all student athletes, coaches, and administration.
All applications and essays must be received on or before April 30, 2018 and submitted to:
Bay Rockets Association Board Attn: Gretchen Thompson, Student Advisor 27236 Lake Rd. Bay Village, OH 44140
Interviews will be scheduled and completed by May 31, 2018. Selected students will be notified on June 15, 2018.
Preference for the Bay Rockets Association Scholarship will be given to students who have participated on the Bay Rocket Student Athletic Booster Committee.
View and print out application here: BRAB student application 2018-2019